Saturday, March 8, 2014

And Yet Another Dream


Feb. 12th, 7:30 a.m.

I just woke up from another upsetting dream. This time, I dreamt I was in a kitchen, rather like the one in my friends T.’s and BB’s house. I was listening to the local news on the radio and heard that BB, another one of my close female friends, had been killed in a car accident on her way to work out of town.

The scene shifted and a group of us friends were in T.’s and BB’s living room. We were visiting and trying to be consoling—even though BB was there! She brought out a tray of sweets with almond cake and chocolate cupcakes made by various people present. There was no attempt by anyone present to explain how BB could be dead yet still with us and serving us.

A very vivid dream from which I awoke with a start.

2 comments:

  1. What a fascinating metaphor: dead and still with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's as if my anxiety about my friend BB, who has had to drive a long distance out of town in some pretty scary conditions this winter, merged with a sense that K.B. is still caring for us, symbolized by the image of a lost friend still "serving" us delightful baked treats.

    ReplyDelete